In a sea of physiotherapy and chiropractic clinics, how is your business different? Why should a patient choose your clinic over your competitors? These questions are being asked each time a potential patient calls your clinic or sees your advertisements. Many of these prospects will have difficulty deciding which clinic deserves their time, money and trust. Prospects may find this a daunting task as they don’t know the difference between one competitor from another.
Specific - Generic claims about having the “best service” or being the “best physiotherapists” are not very effective. Be specific and detail the evidence to back up these generic claims.
Keep it short - USPs are usually short tag lines or sentences (Think: “Just do it” - Nike, or “Melts in your mouth, not in your hand" - M&M) Don’t ramble, create sentences that are concise and to the point.
Here are 10 USP’s that you can create to get you started:
1. Quality - “Using the latest research”, “The experts in post knee rehabilitation.”
2. Unique product/service offering - “The only physiotherapist in town that offers___”, “ The Back Pain Clinic”
3. Convenience - “One stop pain relief clinic!”, “Open seven days a week”
4. Quick Response - “Same day appointments, call us now!”
5. Exclusivity - “_______ exclusive only to our clinic”
6. Trust - “In business for 23 years, with a combined staff experience of 210 years”, “Physio to the Bulldogs hockey team”
7. Simplicity - “Easy to do at home exercises, which will make your back feel amazing!”
8. Eliminate Frustration - “ No more waiting for your late physiotherapist”
9. Size - “Biggest health clinic”, “15 therapists to serve your needs and reduce your pains”
10. Technology - “Using the latest electrotherapy machines to serve your needs”, “Special Myofascial treatment available”